Thursday 10 November 2016

Just in time: Girl Power finished

Just in time for the exhibition in Munich I managed to finish my quilt for the challenge "Signs and Symbols".

It is based on the traffic light symbols going back to times when there was still an East German little man on them that looked much happier and more springy than the stiff and boring West German one. Sometime after the wall came down, a little Girl appeared, too - I admit, I have not gone into the history of the development of this little sign.
Photos can be found on the internet.


Save, print, trace. Somehow I ended up using only the one where she is walking. But wanted to keep the green/red opposition anyway. Transfer to wonderunder, get ready to fuse.


I chose a gray background, in 9 patch, and sprinkled the ladies onto that.


Like this, or perhaps just a little bit different? In the end, the girls in the lower part were moved around a bit. The title is Chrisse Seager's suggestion.

Girl Power

First to be seen in Munich, starting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment