Thursday, 16 January 2014
Grey Challenge - Inky Index
When I was on the Human Marks workshop with Dorothy Caldwell in Puglia, I took a photo of my index finger stained and ingrained with Indian ink after a morning of making fingerprint marks.
I manipulated the photo in Photoshop, dividing it into 6 overlapping sections, and printed it out on a commercial batik (with marks that reminded me of my fingerprints) treated with bubblejet set.
Machine quilted .
I'm enjoying working to the 40 x 80 cm size although this is actually 38 x 80 cm as I didn't 'measure twice, cut once' when trimming to size as I usually do. An extra 2cm on the RH side would have made all the difference. Ah well, lesson learnt.